Healthier Banana Bread
Who loves banana bread? APD Alice Cusack converted a recipe into a healthier version for all you banana bread fans out there.
Servings: 10 people
- 4 banana medium ripe, peeled and mashed with a fork
- 3 egg whisked
- ¼ cup oil, olive
- ¼ cup milk, skim
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup flour, wholemeal, plain sifted, keep husks
- 1 cup flour, white, self-raising sifted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts, raw chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix together banana, eggs, oil, milk and vanilla.
- Add the flours (and husks), cinnamon and walnuts and mix to combine.
- Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Sit banana bread for 5 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Whole foods: 70% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve fat
- ¼ serve fruit
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 123mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 34mg