This creamy prawn pasta recipe is a total winner and will definitely be a crowd pleaser at the dinner table – even for the most fussy eater. It was created in a 5 minute office chat where we just threw some favourite ingredients on a piece of paper. Turns out, it is even easier to make. The healthy factor has also been bumped up with the addition of carnation milk, whole meal pasta and zucchini spirals. Your favourite creamy pasta dish will definitely be replaced with this creation. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Healthier Garlic Prawn Pasta
- 100 g pasta, spaghetti wholemeal or high-fibre
- ½ tbsp oil, olive extra virgin
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- ½ onion, red diced
- 1 punnet tomato, cherry sliced into halves
- 150 ml Carnation Light & Creamy evaporated milk
- 1 zucchini spiralled into 'zoodles'
- 300 g prawns cooked and peeled
- 1 shallot sliced
- ¼ bunch parsley, flat leaf, fresh chopped
- 30 g cheese, parmesan grated
- 1 chilli, red finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, heat oil in frying pan and saute onion and garlic until soft. If using chilli, saute together with onion and garlic.
- Add cherry tomatoes and saute for a further 3 minutes until soft.
- Add carnation milk and bring to the boil. Add cooked pasta, zucchini, prawns and shallot. Simmer until prawns are warm.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- 1 serve carbohydrates
- 1 serve protein
- ½ serve fat
- 2 serve vegetables