Mango & Chicken Grilled Pasta Salad
It’s mango season! If you’re like us then you’ll want to make the most of this wonderful time of year by including as much mango in your diet as possible (within reason).
Not only is mango delicious, it’s rich in vitamin C, which is vital for growth and repair in the body, and also plays a role in keeping our immune system healthy.
In addition to vitamin C, this salad’s also sporting a whopping 28 grams of protein and 7 grams of fibre per serving. So not only will this satisfy the taste buds but it’s also going to keep you from reaching for snacks soon after.
This salad is a perfect lunch or dinner option on a hot summer’s day.
Mango and Chicken Grilled Pasta Salad
- 100 g pasta, wholemeal uncooked, (penne or spirals work best)
- 200 g chicken, breast
- 1 cup lettuce, leaves, mixed
- 1 mango diced
- ½ punnet tomato, cherry halved
- ½ cucumber, any diced
- 1 tsp mustard, dijon
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1 tbsp oil, olive
- Boil pasta until al dente, then drain and rinse with cool water.
- While the pasta is cooking, grill or BBQ the chicken breast fillets. Once cooked, cut into thin slices.
- Combine the pasta, chicken, salad leaves, mango, tomatoes and cucumber in a large salad bowl.
- In a screw top jar, combine all the dressing ingredients and shake well to mix.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Can be served warm, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- ½ serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 1½ serve vegetables
- ½ fruit
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Alpha Fresh Foods.