Mixed Bean and Rice Salad
Fresh, simple, vegan-friendly salad.
Servings: 6 people
- 400 g beans, 4 bean mix, canned drained and rinsed
- 2 cup rice, brown cooked
- 20 g pine nuts (2 tbsp)
- 20 g sunflower seeds (1 tbsp)
- 20 g pumpkin seeds (1 tbsp)
- 2 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 capsicum, red diced
- 1 capsicum, green diced
- ¼ cup cranberries, dried
- 2 tbsp oil, olive extra virgin
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce GF if required
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic in a small container and mix to
combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Combine the 4 bean mix, brown rice, pine nuts, seed mix, shallots, capsicums and cranberries in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour over dressing and toss. Serve immediately.
Wholefoods: 90% 1 serve of this recipe provides
- ½ serve carbohydrate
- ½ serve protein
- 1 ½ serve fat
- 1 serve vegetable
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 546mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g | Calcium: 43mg