Need a delicious, gourmet lunch in a hurry? Smoked salmon on sourdough bread is one of my most favourite meals. It’s quick, easy, nutritious and only has 4 ingredients. Yay!
Salmon is a fantastic source of omega 3 fats and is a great way of getting in your 2 or more serves of fish each week. Smoked salmon is also particularly high in sodium, so be mindful of your intake, especially if you have a history of high blood pressure. I wouldn’t eat it more than once a week. You could swap it for tinned salmon to dramatically reduce the sodium but definitely not the taste or enjoyment.
Smoked Salmon Open Sandwiches
- 100 g salmon, smoked
- 2 slice bread, wholemeal sourdough 2 regular-sized slices, equivalent to 75g
- 30 g cheese, cream 1 tbsp
- 1 cup lettuce, rocket, baby
- Spread the sourdough evenly with cream cheese.
- Top with the smoked salmon and rocket.
- Serve and enjoy.
- 1 serve of protein
- 1 serve of carbohydrate
- 1 serve of fat
- 1 serve of vegetables