There aren’t too many breakfasts that tick all the ‘health’ boxes while also delivering the goods on the flavour front. These spiced baked beans buck the trend delivering a ton of flavour alongside a healthy dose of:
- Healthy fats
The above factors also guarantee it’s going to be a breakfast that keeps you full well through the morning. Good for a weekend fry up or even double the recipe and have a few ready to reheat for a quick weekday option.
Spiced Baked Beans
- 1 tbsp oil, olive extra virgin
- ½ onion, brown small, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ tsp cumin, spice
- ½ tsp paprika, spice
- 200 g tomato, diced, canned
- 400 g beans, borlotti, canned drained and rinsed
- ⅛ bunch parsley, flat leaf, fresh 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until lightly golden. Add garlic, cumin and paprika.
- Add the canned tomatoes and beans to the pan. Stirring occasionally, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley, salt and pepper.
- 1 serve of protein (beans - those monitoring their blood glucose levels should count this as a carbohydrate serve)
- 1 serve of fat
- 1 serve of vegetables (not including beans)