It’s tasty, zesty, full of fresh ingredients and packed full of nutrition. The only processed ingredients are pasta and parmesan, thats it!
It tastes even better as leftovers the next day. The flavours intensify overnight making the leftovers great for work lunches or a quick week night meal. I’ll often double the batch to make sure there’s enough leftover for another day.
Tomato, Basil and Pine Nut Pasta
- 2 tbsp oil, olive extra virgin
- 1 onion, red finely diced
- 1 chilli, red
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- 2 punnet tomato, cherry halved
- 1 bunch basil, fresh finely shredded
- 60 g pine nuts lightly toasted
- 1 lemon juice only
- 200 g pasta, high fibre uncooked
- 2 cup lettuce, rocket, baby
- 40 g cheese, parmesan grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the packet directions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add the onion, chilli and garlic and sauté until the onion is soft.
- Add the tomatoes and cook over medium heat until they become soft and lose their shape.
- Add the shredded basil and lemon zest and reduce the heat to low. Stir to combine until the basil is just wilted.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, leftover olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve into 4 bowls and top with rocket, pine nuts and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 2 serves fat
- 2 serves vegetables