Just like the traditional recipe your mum used to make, this zucchini slice has all the flavour, lots of nutrition and portion controlled so you can enjoy it as part of your day and still achieve your goals.
A traditional family favourite that can absolutely be part of your healthy eating pattern.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 zucchini grated (2 cups)
- 1 carrot grated (1 cup)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 120 g cheese, tasty, low fat grated (I cup)
- 6 egg
- 60 g oil, olive extra virgin (¼ cup)
- 140 g flour, wholemeal, self-raising (1 cup)
- 120 g bacon, lean short cut, rind and fat removed, diced (4 pieces)
- ¼ tsp Moroccan seasoning
- Pre-heat your fan-forced oven to 190° Celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together with a fork until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly into an over proof dish, lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 30 mins or until golden. Serve and enjoy!
Whole foods: 62% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve protein
- ½ serve carbohydrate
- 2 serves fat
- 2 serves vegeteables
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 632mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 222mg